Here comes the new Miss SA 2018, Tamaryn Green secured her place as the winner of the incredible South Africa pageant and futher secured her place at the upcoming Miss Universe pageant.
Tamaryn, a 23-year-old medical student from Paarl in the Western Cape, was chosen out of the 11 other young women and she was crowned Miss SA at the Sun Arena in Pretoria on Sunday night. She was selected alongside Thulisa Keyi… However, Green’s immaculate answer to the final round question seem to be her winning point as the judges looked impressed and deemed her worthy of the iconic tiara.
Tamaryn Green with her parents, David and Ellirene.
Tamara Green is an overnight millionaire
The endorsement deals are all fantastic enough. But then, the cash prize for winning this pageant is a kind of up-front sum of money that is simply life changing. All worries regarding her studies and financial commitments will ease thanks to the R1 million cash prize.
Totalling her cash prize, with all the prizes and contracts she’s won, the total package comes to about R3 million.
She said she was looking forward to meeting new people and the exciting journey that lay ahead of her.
“I am passionate about children’s health and educating mothers on how to prevent child illness and diseases because it is prevalent in South Africa, so this is definitely something I will use this new platform to focus on.”
An elated Tamaryn told TshisaLIVE on Monday that she battled to find words to express the way she was feeling.
“To be honest I didn’t sleep at all because of the excitement and adrenalin, but it all hit me when I watched a video of the moment my name was called out. It all happened so fast that I didn’t have time to process the emotions, so when I watched the video I became emotional. I can’t believe that a dream I had for so long became a reality and that I am living my dream.”
Wondering why she’s so excited to be the winner of Miss SA pageant? Well, it’s because Green will now be the recipient of all these goodies, as well as acting as a brand ambassador (and the face of) various products. You’re going to see a lot more of her in the next year… and here’s the list:
- Africology product and spa services
- Bacher and Co watch and fragrance sponsorship
- blackBOX with one year’s subscription to Binge Premium Plus on black.
- Brow Bar product and services
- Cahi Dental Practice dental services and aesthetic improvements
- Call It Spring footwear
- Cell C voice and data contracts
- Ciro Coffee equipment and product
- Discovery Insure insurance and medical aid
- Edgars Mobile retail vouchers
- Exclusive Dry Cleaners services for year of reign
- Forever New fashion
- Generosity water
- Jack Friedman jewellery
- Lebelle Hair Extensions
- Lightsculpt skincare treatments and product
- Lipault Luggage luxury travel gear
- Miss SA Organisation (Sun International and Cell C) R1 million in cash and the use of an apartment
- Nissan Qashqai
- Paul Mitchell hair products and services
- Planet Fitness gym membership
- Samsung S9+, Tablet and Gear Fit Pro Red
- Shock Absorber fitness products
- Smashbox make up product and applications
- Soviet denim apparel
- USN products and clothing
- Wonderbra intimate wear