See 25 Vegetarian Celebrities

Here’s a list of celebrities and that are most probably vegetarians based on their conversations and lifestyle.

Ariana Grande, pop star

“I love animals more than I love most people, not kidding. But I am a firm believer in eating a full plant-based, whole food diet that can expand your life length and make you an all-round happier person.” Ariana Grande/Facebook

Paul McCartney, musician

“I’ve been a vegetarian for a long time now and over the years I’ve seen how the attitudes have changed around the world, so I’m not surprised when I see new research that shows more and more people are increasingly adopting ‘meat free eating’.” Getty Images

Ellen DeGeneres, TV Host

“It doesn’t make [Thanksgiving] harder at all. It makes it easier on the turkeys, too. They get to live.” Reuters

Morrissey, musician

“I see no difference between eating animals and paedophilia.” Getty

Bill Clinton, former president of the US

Dr Dean Ornish, Clinton’s doctor, said: “I asked him, ‘Why do you want to live longer?’ and he said, ‘I want to live long enough to walk my daughter down the aisle and to see my grandkids born and grow up.'” Getty

Peter Dinklage, actor

Dinklage has been a vegetarian since childhood and featured in PETA’s ‘Face Your Food’ film. WireImage

Russell Brand, comedian

“I’m now vegan, goodbye eggs, hello Ellen.” PA

Ellie Goulding, singer

“I’ve got taxidermy, I’ve got animals…. deer and all sorts. But weirdly, I’m a vegetarian and I don’t eat meat. I’m a walking contradiction.” Getty

Ellen Page, actor

Page was named as one of PETA’s ‘Sexiest Vegetarian Celebrities’ in 2014. Getty Images

Al Gore, American politician

“There are 10 vegan restaurants in Nashville now.” Speaking about how he maintains his vegan diet in the city.
Getty Images

Tobey Maguire, actor

Maguire said he was a vegan and “stopped consuming any mind-altering substances” when he was 19.

Stella McCartney

On her website, McCartney said that “the decision not to use leather or fur is not just because I don’t eat animals or that I think that millions of animals each year shouldn’t be killed for the sake of fashion. It’s because I also believe in the connection between fur and leather and the environment. There’s a huge connection.”

Woody Harrelson, actor

“I’ve always been relatively healthy except for my vices.”

Jared Leto, actor and musician

“I’m pretty healthy… I’ve been that way for a long time – 20 solid years of eating vegetarian/vegan and taking care of myself. That probably helps the preservation process.”

Jessica Chastain, actor

It was reported that the vegan actor bought her mother a vegan food truck. AP Photo/Sony – Columbia Pictures, Jonathan Olley

Joaquin Phoenix, actor

Featuring a PETA advert to promote vegetarianism for Thanksgiving, he said: “Holidays can be murder on turkeys. Let’s make this one for the birds.”

Beyonce and Jay-Z

Beyonce announced her vegan diet in a heavily-promoted segment for Good Morning American in June 2015.

Kate Mara, actor

Mara told E! Online that she stayed fit and healthy by being a vegan. Getty Images

Alanis Morissette, musician

“I’m predominantly vegan, which my friends hate because it’s not monogamous; 80% is vegan; the other 20% is following what my body needs.”

Alicia Silverstone, actor

Silverston has a blog called The Kind Life which discusses vegan and vegetarian food.
Rex Features

Kate Nash

“I became a vegetarian last September – I used to suffer from OCD and it got stuck in my head that if I didn’t eat meat then my bunny rabbit, Fluffy, would survive a dangerous operation she had to have.” Teri Pengilley

Jennifer Lopez, singer and actor

Lopez said that she recommended a vegan diet “because you wake up and feel great”.
Getty Images

Mark Hoppus, member of Blink 182

Hoppus announced he was a vegan on Twitter.
Getty Images

Olivia Wilde, actor

“[Being vegan] is not always easy and accessible. But it’s a way of life and makes me as a person feel really good and physically look better.”
Getty Images

More Stories
2012 MET BALL RED CARPET | With Beyonce emerging at the Red Carpet in Givenchy