COVID-19 tested positive on Prince Charles, but he is healthy
Charles, 71, had been experiencing mild symptoms from the virus but
“otherwise remained in good health,” a statement said.
The eldest son of Queen Elizabeth II and the heir to the British throne, has contracted the coronavirus, Buckingham Palace said on Wednesday, adding that he had been suffering from mild symptoms since last weekend. However, medical advisers said that the Prince was in good health and they did not expect the virus to develop further into a critical level.
It was also gathered that Charles met with the queen on March 12 — only a day before the advisers said it was possible that he became infectious with the virus. The prince’s illness, and his potential exposure to the queen and other members of the royal family, rattled an already nervous Britain, which has seen the number of cases and deaths accelerate rapidly over the last few days. This prompted the Boris Johnson, the Prime minister to put the country into a virtual lockdown.
A Buckingham Palace spokeswoman said: “Her Majesty The Queen remains in good health.
“The Queen last saw The Prince of Wales briefly after the investiture on the morning of March 12 and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare.”
It comes after Clarence House announced that Charles has tested positive for Covid-19.